Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Recap

WHAT I READ

Defy the Worlds (Constellation, #2) by Claudia Gray
Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row, #3) by Ally Carter
Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody
Der Anfang (Time School, #0.1) by Eva Völler
Fatimas Flucht (Time School, #0.2) by Eva Völler
Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1) by Justina Ireland
Auf Ewig Dein (Time School, #1) by Eva Völler
I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo
• All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens Throughout the Ages by various authors

8 books, plus two novellas as well as one half of a book (I dnf'd The November Girl). This is already such a great year for me, reading wise.


PLAYLIST

1.) YOUNGBLOOD by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“So who've you been calling baby, nobody could take my place / When you're looking at those strangers, hope to God you see my face.”
2.) REVOLUTION by UNSECRET ft. RUELLE
“One moment in time / To carve our names with fire / With everything on the line / Watch the world ignite / We won't stop / It's not over 'til its ours.”
3.) DEAD AND GONE by STATE CHAMPS
“I wanna breathe with ease again / I wanna get some fucking sleep again / You only ask forgiveness after it’s gone wrong / You only get redemption when you’re dead and gone.”
4.) GETTING OVER YOU by LAUV
“Waking up in a cold sweat  / Someone else in this cold bed  / I’d do anything to not be alone  / All alone with the ceiling  / All alone with this feeling  / And I wonder if I’ll ever let go.”
5.) LOVELY by BILLIE EILISH ft. KHALID
“But I know someday I'll make it out of here / Even if it takes all night or a hundred years / Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near / Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear.”
6.) THE OTHER SIDE by LEAV/E/ARTH
“I’m only coming through in waves / And I’m too far gone now to save / I feel myself drifting away / I was never meant to stay.”
7.) ONLY STEPS AWAY by MYKA RELOCATE
“You can stop all the leaves from falling away / I believe you can stop my skies from turning into grey / Wish the sound of your voice would stay / Because it feels like I am only steps away.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100. is. back. And I cannot wait for more, this truly is going to be the best season yet, I can feel it.
Jane the Virgin had an exemplary last few episodes of the season; I was really happy and satisfied with it and then they had to go and ruin it with that cheap excuse of a plot twist for the season finale. Sigh. Honestly, I don't even feel threatened for my Jafael endgame, at all, but I'm just ... over the whole thing by now, and I'm not in the least looking forward to how this'll all play out in the final season. Oh well.
Shadowhunters is stronger than ever, this might just be the best season yet as well. I, for one, am loving it.
Similarly, Brooklyn Nine-Nine never lets me down either. It's such a wonderful, marvelous show and I am so glad to be able to call it my favorite TV show currently on air.
The season finale of Black Lightning was electric! I am loving the characters more so than the plot, so I'm definitely in it for the long game now and I'm eagerly awaiting season 2.
Speaking of season 2, I finished the newest A Series of Unfortunate Events episodes. They deviated a bit more from the books this time around, but I honestly can't say I minded, especially seeing as the changes weren't very serious, really. I enjoy the show immensely; the cast is so enormously talented and brings it across wonderfully.
I also finally finished seasons 3 and 4 of Sleepy Hollow, and I still stand by the fact that season 1 was simply the best one. I personally thought season 3 was a bit better again compared to season 2, but then season 4 was just ... awful. Anyway, I'm happy I can finally put this show behind me now.
Another show I'm starting to watch again to finally finish it is Reign. I'm now a bit more than halfway done with season 2, so I still got 2 and a half more seasons to go. We'll see how fast I can get this done, lmao.
But, a new show that I have gotten into recently, is Timeless. I am enjoying it so much so far, I completely binged all of it within a few days and I think it's really well-done and actually kind of ... informative? Definitely a recommendation.
Lastly, Riverdale is, well .... it's okay still. As always, I really don't know why I'm still coming back for it every week, and yet.

As for movies, I watched Annihilation and loved it. The cast was great, and I loved the movie's thematic science.


MAY TBR

• War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard

THIS IS THE ONLY THING I CARE ABOUT. I WANT IT /NOW/.

No comments:

Post a Comment