Saturday, September 9, 2017

August Recap

WHAT I READ

A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R. R. Martin
Lucky in Love by Kasie West
The Ends of the World (Conspiracy of Us, #3) by Maggie Hall

3 books. I was legit in the worst book slump this month, possibly the worst one in my whole entire life. I can't believe. I just didn't have any urge to read, at all, which was insane.


PLAYLIST

1.) WINTER by PVRIS
“Don’t lose sleep / You can steal some body heat from another / Ice cold to the touch / No I’ll never be your snow covered lover.”
2.) NEW RULES by DUA LIPA
“One, don't pick up the phone / You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone / Two, don't let him in / You'll have to kick him out again.”
3.) I JUST KNOW by JACOB LEE
“Keep my secrets close, our hearts aligned / I see darkness where you see light / Emotions fold, our blood runs dry / I see a future inside your eyes.”
4.) DEMONS by JACOB LEE
“I thought my demons were almost defeated / But you took their side and you pulled them to freedom / I kept your secrets and I thought that you would do the same.”
5.) SILHOUETTE by AQUILO
“As if you don't remember / As if you can forget / It's only been a moment / It's only been a lifetime / But tonight you're a stranger / Some silhouette.”
6.) WALK ALONE by PVRIS
“But I think our lifelines became too intertwined  / And now we’ve paid the price / You cried, “love’s like watching someone die”  / And we should have just closed our eyes.”
7.) SAME SOUL by PVRIS
“Do you remember my old names?  / Recognize my other face?  / We’re both hanging in picture frames / Somewhere in this place / But my stare at you stayed the same.”
8.) NOLA 1 by PVRIS
“My body didn’t like the way it felt last June / And it haunted me the whole year / Then turned into thinking I was dying / Wouldn’t pull through to see 22.”
9.) ANYONE ELSE by PVRIS
“'Cause I could touch a hundred thousand souls / But none of them would ever feel like home / And no matter how far and wide I roam / You are the only home I'll ever know.”
10.) SEPARATE  by PVRIS
“There’s always been a disconnect / Running from my heart to my head / And no it’s never made much sense / I’ve been feeling so distant / Can you be the one to connect?”
11.) NO MERCY by PVRIS
“God, everybody’s sleep walking / But they think they’re awake / Our hands always covered in shame / But it won’t wash away.”

PVRIS' new album is definitely already my favorite album of this year for sure. I doubt that there will be another new release this year that I'll love as much, especially considering that they were the last of my favorite bands to release a new record in 2017. And they did the best job, in my opinion. The wait was truly worth it for this one. I truly love every single song on the record, do you know how rare that is?!


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Tbh the last few episodes of Shadowhunters, while still quite cool, were unfortunately not as awesome as I'd expected, or rather hoped. Thematically, the show is top notch but some of the awkward dialogue, cheesy acting (based on a cheesy script) with the half-hearted CGI kind of tamps it all down. I know they don't have the biggest budget, but sometimes you can't help but cringe. Big time.
Much more disappointing, however, was Game of Thrones season 7. The pacing was insane, and the dialogue felt stilted all the time. They rushed through the plot so hardcore it left me wondering why there ever was a need to cut the season short at all. So much of what happened had to be spelt out in neon letters and even said by side characters in order get properly across to the audience (like Jon and Dany's cringe-worthy "romance") and it was all just .... A MESS. A very visually appealing, great CGI mess, but still. Basically, it was the opposite of Shadowhunters.
I also watched all three seasons of Faking It, I know, I'm a bit late to the party... but it was still fun. I really don't like Karma, though.
Another show I finally finished was American Gods! The last few episodes were actually really good, especially since I finally got a grasp on what the damn show was actually about. I'm looking forward to season 2, so many things were left open-ended.
Let's segue right into The Bold Type, where Karma's actress is playing a main role as well. I definitely like her character here tons more, but really, I love everyone and everything on this show. It's so so so amazing and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and I just really love it, okay?
Lastly, there's Wynonna Earp, which is always solid. Can't wait for season 3.

SEPTEMBER TBR

• Warcross by Marie Lu
• There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins
• One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
• The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

So many cool new releases coming up. Hopefully, my slump will be cured by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment