Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Recap


WHAT I READ

Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard
This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
• The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa (re-read)
• The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa (re-read)
• The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa (re-read)
• The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa (re-read)
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake
Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2) by Alwyn Hamilton
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (re-read)
Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber
Scent of Magic (Healer, #2) by Maria V. Snyder
• The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket
• The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket
• The Wide Window  (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3) by Lemony Snicket

16 books. Don't ask. I'm surprised myself (although the asoue books are pretty short, so...). I found myself wanting to re-read so many of my favorite books, so I started this month with The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa, which used to be my all-time favorite series before The Raven Cycle came along... and because this month was my 5-year anniversary of when I read them for the first time, so I felt it was only appropriate. And I honestly loved it so much and realized that I am still in love with that series, too. Obviously, Red Queen was a re-read in preparation for the upcoming King's Cage, which I am super excited about — and I really enjoyed re-reading it as well. Fight me about it, but I'm kind of a little bit in love with this series, as unpopular as it is, as well. I'm currently re-reading Glass Sword too but I'm dragging it out as long as I can so I'm not finished with that re-read yet.


PLAYLIST

1.) WOODWORK by SLEEPING AT LAST
“It’s a cruel, cruel trick / How we find ourselves / When we lose everything else.”
2.) ATLANTIS by SEAFRET
“It’s in my heart and in my head / You can’t take back the things you said / So high above, I feel it coming down / I can't save us, my atlantis.”
3.) MISS YOU by GABRIELLE APLIN
“Are you doing the same thing? / Convincing yourself you're better alone / And I could tell you how you never left my mind.”
4.) TAKE WHAT YOU WANT by ONE OK ROCK (feat. 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER)
“I don't want anything in our broken home / Not the memories or the things we own / Not the picture of us on the wall / So take what you want.”
5.) BRAND NEW by YOU ME AT SIX
“When you see a ghost / Of someone that you used to know / You understand what it is that you had / It's happened again / You go and get away with it.”
6.) SHAPE OF YOU by ED SHEERAN
“Your love was handmade for somebody like me / Come on now follow my lead / I may be crazy don’t mind me.”
7.) WALKING ON AIR by AFTRHR
“Can't you hear the walls now / Telling us to tear them all down / Send our bodies spinning / Circling around this ghost town.”
8.) TOWERS by LITTLE MIX
“Once we were made like towers / Everything could have been ours / But you left it too late now my heart feels nothing, nothing at all.”
9.) ASHES, ASHES by DEAF HAVANA
“What's the point in trying a conversation if you don't have the strength to talk? / But it's alright, I said, I'll stay here and lie awake for days.”
10.) LIKE A GHOST by DEAF HAVANA
“I used to be so filled with fire / But over the years I see they've beaten it out of me / Now all I seem to be is tired / 'Cause living is killing me / I'm not who I used to be.”

Deaf Havana's new album, All These Countless Nights is so good. Please give it a listen.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Teen Wolf, oh Teen Wolf... For a few episodes there, I really enjoyed it again, but I'm just not feeling this season. I'm not a huge fan of Stiles (in fact, I hate him) so seeing people cry and cry because he's gone just doesn't do it for me. Especially since they are butchering so much character development and so many relationships on this show to make a fanservice ship happen. Even though it's very obviously not working, because no one (except fans of said ship) is buying what they're selling, lmao. At this point I'm just watching for my sons, Scott and Theo.
There was only one episode (well, technically two but whatever) of Brooklyn Nine-Nine this month, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Also, do we really not have an air date for the second half of season 4 yet? I am dying here.
On another note, I am loving the second season of Shadowhunters. This show is seriously so good, y'all. I never would have guessed I would care about any of these characters (except for my fave, Simon, of course) ever again but here we go.
Also, I watched MTV's Scream this month! All two seasons plus the bonus special episode. I really liked it, surprisingly tbh. It was very riveting and I really did not guess the two killers at all (although, in retrospect, it was kind of obvious and I'm a dumbass for not seeing it).
There was only one episode of the newly premiered Riverdale this month, but I'm already pretty hyped up about it. I have a feeling this one will be a new favorite, too. I'm definitely super pumped for the upcoming episodes!
Last but not least, I watched the first three episodes of The OA, but then I dropped it. It just ... doesn't make any sense to me, and I hate this kind of storytelling a lot. Probably won't pick it up again either.


FEBRUARY TBR

• King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard
• A Conjuring of Light (A Darker Shade of Magic, #3) by V. E. Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment