Tuesday, January 3, 2017

December Recap


WHAT I READ


The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
• Fate of Flames (Effigies, #1) by Sarah Raughley

Yeah, I ... I'll just, you know, .... crawl into a hole and die. In my defense, I had a lot on my plate this month, emotionally and psychically, so I kind of didn't have the emotional capacity to read a lot. Instead, I watched a lot.


PLAYLIST

1.) YES GIRL by BEA MILLER
“You think that I don't know you, I know you, I know / Trying to tell you now, I've been doing what you want / But I won't be your yes girl, no, not anymore.”
2.) LOVE ME NOW by JOHN LEGEND
“When we've done all that we could to turn darkness into light, turn evil to good / Even when we try so hard for that perfect kind of love, it could all fall apart.”
3.) DO YOU REMEMBER by JARRYD JAMES
“How do I make you stay / When it's easier to let you go? / Don't forget it was real / Do you remember the way it made you feel? / Only love could ever hit this hard.”
4.) GEMINI FEED by BANKS
“And to think you would get me to the altar / Like I follow you around like a dog that needs water / And we were so depressive / You and me together, we were gemini feed.”
5.) ST. PAUL'S by DEAF HAVANA
“And I know you can't stand winters here / You said you never felt that kind of cold / I guess when you're from another hemisphere / It can sometimes feel like another world.”
6.) DON'T WANNA KNOW by CONOR MAYNARD (feat. ANTH)
“Do you think of me / Of what we used to be? / Is it better now / That I'm not around? / My friends are acting strange / They don't bring up your name / Are you happy now?”
7.) UNDER YOU by NICK JONAS
“Poured a glass / But I never got to take a sip / I've been around the world / But, baby, you're my only fix.”
8.) MOONDUST by JAYMES YOUNG
“Lookin' at you like a star / From a place the world forgot / And there's nothing that I can do / Except bury my love for you.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Honestly, I'm so over Teen Wolf. Y'all can miss me with all this stydia fanservice bullshit. Brooklyn Nine-Nine, however, has really become one of my favorite shows and I'm, like, convinced that it's the best comedy show currently out there. Its puns are just so classy and high quality and actually funny without being homophobic, racist, transphobic, etc... you know the drill.
I also started watching Jane the Virgin and I was really hesitant at first because the premise is simply so ridiculous but it's actually such a refreshing show with really interesting concepts and awesome characters. Only downside is, I'm Team Rafael. Sucks to be me, yeah.
As for movies, I watched a few. First up, 6  Years. I thought the acting was weird in some scenes, but also brilliant in others. All in all, it was an okay movie. Then I watched 500 Days of Summer, which was much more poignant and hard-hitting than I'd thought it would be. I really liked it.


JANUARY TBR

• Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber
• Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard

No comments:

Post a Comment