Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October Recap




WHAT I READ

The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey
Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1) by Rosamund Hodge
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo
• Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch
• The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
• Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
• All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)

7 books. All in all, I'm satisfied with that. After re-reading The Naturals too fast and realizing it was still two weeks until Bad Blood, I didn't want to read anything else anymore, lmao. And my PC is still broken which is why I, again, only posted one review this month... I am getting it back soon though, so I'm hoping the November & December are going to be a lot better again.


PLAYLIST

1.) WILDFIRE by MARIANAS TRENCH
“I don't know how we could ever let this transpire / You know I thought this love would always burn like a wildfire.”
2.) OBSESSIVE by CHASE ATLANTIC
“They're saying oh no, not yet / She lost all her money off that one bet / It's all cool, don't stress / Well everybody's leaving when I'm done.”
3.) CRY BABY by THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
“I know I'll fall in love with you / And that's not what I wanna do / I hope you won't ever lie to me / And if you do, I know I won't be your cry baby.”
4,) U&I by THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
“I want you to know, I need you to be / Someone for me in my life / I can't let you go / But you cheated on me / And now everybody thinks that you're the bad guy.”
5.) WALLS by AIRSPOKEN
“I know there's black and there's grey / But you see only one shade / Because of you I've escaped the bars I put up tonight / You came in knocking, knocking me down.”
6.) WE DON'T TALK ANYMORE by SAMANTHA HARVEY (feat. HARVEY)
“I just heard you found the one, you've been looking / You've been looking for / I wish I would have known that wasn't me.”

Not much to take away from music, either. None of my favorite bands really released any new music and my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify was mostly a disappointment this month as well.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I watched two movies very early on in the month, and those would be The Maze Runner and its sequel The Scorch Trials. They were okay, but I thought some of the cast members didn't really fit their roles.
As for TV shows, I finally watched From Dusk Till Dawn. I gotta say, season 1 was really fun and all but season 2 did drag here and there. I nearly dropped it halfway through, but I didn't and luckily, season 3 really stepped up its game again. I am eagerly awaiting news of a possible season 4.

NOVEMBER TBR

• Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
• Heartless by Marissa Meyer
• A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3) by Claudia Gray

There are so many new, awesome books coming out in November. SO MANY. Why does uni start now of all times?!

No comments:

Post a Comment